[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Game moderators

Credits

Game player moderators

Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2017-2-6 23:37:08 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
I have played quite a few games similar to this in the past, and all of these have allowed the cards to be traded in a player marketplace.

It works something like this;
Player1 gets 'Thor' card.
Player 1 does not want to use 'Thor' card or want its skills. Instead, he wants 'Cronus' Card.
Player puts up 'Thor' card in marketplace, with a trade order for 1 'Cronus' card.
Player2 has a 'Cronus' card and wants to trade for 'Thor' Card.
Both players happy.

To stop the marketplace being spammed with too many trade orders. It costs a small amount of coins to put cards up for trade.
Trade expires after 3days if no one have accepted it.

To stop multiple account expoiting,
Starter cards and bonus login cards can not be traded (e.g. login rewards Cronos, or starter card Prometheus).
To also stop low level account spamming the marketplace, there could even be a city building (e.g. level 6 building 'Trade Bazaar') that the player needs to build to start trading a card.
Each level of the building allows one more simultaneous card to be advertised for trade.

Whilst card is advertised for trade, it can not be used.

Thoughts?

Nickname: Titan
Server: (Commenced: season 1, server 6)
Current Season: 3
Alliance: The Iron Throne

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Game moderators

Credits

Game player moderators

The Sofa
Post time 2017-2-7 00:18:59 | Show the author posts only
It has its merits, although I believe this should not be allowed for 1 particular reason. Account alt spamming. One person could create 20+ alts and keep them just barely active enough to not be removed, and only do the free draws. When this happens and they end up getting a Good card (ex. Anubis) they could put it up on market for a 1 star trade, where the main account doesn't lose virtually anything. This would be a major exploitation and seriously destroy game balance, but I do like the idea.
Skill Guide: https://forum.immortalconquest.com/thread-809-1-1.html

Player ID: 480850004
Nickname: God
Server: 4
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Game moderators

Credits

Game player moderators

The Bench
 Author| Post time 2017-2-7 01:08:17 | Show the author posts only
God replied at 2017-2-7 00:18
It has its merits, although I believe this should not be allowed for 1 particular reason. Account al ...

You make a very valid point. I did think about this.

A solution would be to only allow trades with equal star rating cards. (e.g. 4 star cards can only be swapped with other 4 star cards, 5 star cards can only be swapped with other 5 star cards).
Afterall, who would want to legitimately trade a 5 star card for a 4 star. So putting this restriction in would not hurt the freedom of the trading market.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Game moderators

Credits

Game player moderators

The Floor
Post time 2017-2-7 01:12:40 | Show the author posts only
Titan replied at 2017-2-7 01:08

A solution would be to only allow trades with ...

I see, this would balance it out. I like it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
5#
Post time 2017-2-7 02:04:13 | Show the author posts only
Titan replied at 2017-2-7 01:08

A solution would be to only allow trades with ...

Yes this would definitely be a good idea. Make everything a 1-1 trade 4-4 5-5 etc.  And to lessen the account alt spam of 5 stars, make Prometheus not able to be traded since everyone starts with him as a 5star.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Game moderators

Credits

Game player moderators

6#
 Author| Post time 2017-2-7 06:49:47 | Show the author posts only
Jello replied at 2017-2-7 02:04
Yes this would definitely be a good idea. Make everything a 1-1 trade 4-4 5-5 etc.  And to lessen  ...

In the original post, I put starter cards and login reward cards should be untradable.

To elaborate further on this;
I would think they could assign these 'free' cards with a certain hidden ID that means they cant be traded.
Then players who actually earn a prometheus/chronus/etc card can trade it normally.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
7#
Post time 2017-2-7 09:52:05 | Show the author posts only
I dislike this idea, for several reasons.

1) Players who do not understand the game will inevitably be taken advantage of by players who know the strengths and weaknesses of each Gairo.

2) A large portion of what keeps stronger players in check is that they only have what they pull to rely upon. If they could just freely swap around, especially within their alliance, they will just steam roll over everyone with other players having virtually no chance.

3) If trading ever becomes a thing, why would you ever use a duplicate to advance a card?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Game moderators

Credits

Game player moderators

8#
Post time 2017-2-7 11:40:34 | Show the author posts only
ShadowcatX replied at 2017-2-7 09:52
I dislike this idea, for several reasons.

1) Players who do not understand the game will inevitabl ...

ShadowcatX,

I see your points and they have very good reasonings as to why it would be an issue. As for your statements:

1.) This would be an issue that unknowledgable players would be used by more advanced players, It would be a shame for them to partake on such a trade. On the contrary, if a trade were to take place, both parties have accepted that the terms and items exchanged were of equal value according to players perspective.

*Also a side note, this would allow scamming to be possible if trading of cards were allowed and we do not support such actions, meaning the probability of implementing a fair trading system may be more difficult than its worth.

2.) I agree with this. Players must work with the Gairo's they have and that is what keeps game balance in check.

3.) Advancing a card has several advantages, such as unlocking the third skill slot which increases damage output by crazy amounts.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
9#
Post time 2017-2-7 13:46:48 | Show the author posts only
5 Epic = Guard.

:)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits

Game player moderators

10#
Post time 2017-2-7 20:01:38 | Show the author posts only
trading is very very dangerous for a game, unless it's implemented very well. Black markets spring up, exploits run rampant. It essentially created an economy within each server which can very easily and quickly get out of balance. Perhaps down the road it could be done, but in a game so young, something like this could have the potential to kill the game.
ID: 403700003
Nickname: Collodi
Server: 3

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules