[advice] Ranking System Based on Land Grabs

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2017-1-19 09:47:59 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Myself and others (including LordRage) were discussing the eventuality of a possible tie in the rankings at the end of the season (or how ever they will end one server). Since everyone will receive the same cap of total lands and since lands all equal the same value we would see the possibility that multiple of veterans will have identical scoring. I was quite shocked that this game's ranking system was based on how many lands you controlled when truly the game itself is based on NPC or PVP combat. Both which will take mobility across the board through low level land hopping to reach destinations. Anyone else feel this ranking system is flawed and doesn't show any true success of how powerful one maybe in this game? I know Sega's Kingdom Conquest based it's ranking system on total damage during an attack. That system had it's flaws also since it demanded gimicky methods of boosting damage to rediculous levels by adding intelligent bomb combos etc...

Would love to hear other's opinions on this too.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits

Game player moderators

Recommend
Post time 2017-1-19 15:33:10 | Show the author posts only
Would be nice to have a few factors that combine to create a complete score.

Total Influence = 40%
Total honor earned = 30%
Total strength of your army = 30%

Something like that, so you could tie in total influence like you mentioned, but how strong your armies are and how much pvp you've done adds in.
ID: 403700003
Nickname: Collodi
Server: 3
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits

Game player moderators

The Sofa
Post time 2017-1-19 10:08:37 | Show the author posts only
Yeah, I agree.  I think that the best way is to base it on total accumulated experience through out the season (not on a specific gairo).  That way people who have armies capable of clearing long distance lands are rewarded more.
New player guide: https://forum.immortalconquest.com/thread-747-1-1.html

Game ID: 507150004
Nickname: LordRage
Server:4
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
The Bench
 Author| Post time 2017-1-19 10:45:44 | Show the author posts only
I dig the experience idea! I'm assuming there is level cap though correct? It would need to continuously add the experience value even post-cap.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits

Game player moderators

The Floor
Post time 2017-1-19 11:44:41 | Show the author posts only
Yeah, I think they just take the xp you would be rewarded, even if at cap, and track it as a metric of success, so even capped gairo would contribute to the rank.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits

Game player moderators

6#
Post time 2017-1-26 10:32:43 | Show the author posts only
Edited by LordRage at 2017-1-26 10:38

I am going to bump this thread because I would like to know where the thoughts from the developers on this topic is.  Hopefully I can better explain why the current system is not ideal:

1. This allows ties at the end game, if two players get all the best land types, there is potential for tied influence scores.
2. It is no fun.  I want a competitive game, but i don't find a thrill in searching for 1-4 level 6-7 lands that are reasonably close, popping a tower, grabbing the lands and killing the tower to be very exciting, id rather be fighting other players, taking down cities, etc.
3. Competing in this way stifles my ability to move around the map.  If I want to rank well in influence, I need to have as close to cap as I can on land, meaning its difficult to move around the map and help my alliance.  Inevitably this leads to people doing things in self interest as opposed to working as a group.
Also: is there some sort of reward tied to influence rank? If not, then I don't really care if they change up the system or not, if so, it should be on metrics that are not just related to land taking.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
7#
 Author| Post time 2017-1-26 13:55:00 | Show the author posts only
Exactly! My big one right now is will we see massive rewards for each rank? Will it be more of a bulk reward for Players 1 - 100? 100-200? Etc.

If this is the case then we can go back to more focus on just maintaining what we have and keeping up with better lands for resources yet not struggling to have the highest rank to make sure you cap some glorious reward.

Definitely would like answers to this before I continue my exhausting leap frog of land after land.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
8#
 Author| Post time 2017-1-29 13:11:11 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
Came across a perfect real world example. A player who is simply taking lvl 5 around his alliances bases repeatively can become higher rank than a player who can take lvl 8 lands and constantly be the #1 city damager for the alliance. This just has to be addressed otherwise you make working with the alliance almost worthless for season ending rewards. One will simply focus on land grabbing to achieve those bonuses.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Game moderators

Credits

Game player moderators

9#
Post time 2017-1-29 17:37:42 | Show the author posts only
Edited by God at 2017-1-29 17:41

I agree on this completely, as the game progresses veteran players will soon enter limbo where they are, on the leaderboards, seemingly the same strength as another when in reality one might have the better Gairo grouping and skill combo. Something along the lines of total experience earned is a valid point towards a possible ranking fix.
It also might be beneficial to consider a percent mixture between several different factors such as:
1.) Land Difficulty
2.) Team power
   - A teams power can be comprised of:
         - The rarity of Gairo
         - The level of said Gairo
         - The skills on Gairo
         - Level of said skills
         - how many successful lands taken (multiplied by difficulty of land, meaninga lvl 7 land would add more veterancy points than a 4 or 5)
3.) City and Sub city progression (Very important, it adds several buffs when buildings are maxed, which increase the capability of your armies)
4.) Amount of lands

I think the biggest factor in my recommendations is the veterancy points. This allows an infinite growth scale, meaning it will always be possible to be stronger than another by building better combinations of Gairos and skill and proving their worth by successful battles against lands. There would also be veterancy points earned through fighting other players as well, although this might lead to alt farming and would be difficult to avoid. In comparison to winning veterancy points, there is also the possibility to lose those points if it so happened that you lost a battle. Naturally. This brings forth a completely new field of competition and does not, in anyway, allow for a tie to occur.
Skill Guide: https://forum.immortalconquest.com/thread-809-1-1.html

Player ID: 480850004
Nickname: God
Server: 4

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
10#
Post time 2017-2-5 15:24:52 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
Or we could simply have smaller end of season rewards for topping multiple categories ie attack success % , influence, troop strength etc

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules