[advice] Early game strategy guide

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2017-1-10 02:23:20 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Edited by Ooidal at 2017-1-18 04:16

Welcome to my guide!  Although I've only experienced the beginnings of two servers, I think it's safe to say this is a fairly good strategy to jumpstart your game.  The objective here is to get to Lv 5 tiles ASAP, because that's when resources and influences generally roll in. If done relatively correctly, you should achieve at LEAST queuing up your government 7 building before the end of your newbie protection period, which should be the first 60 or 72 hours if I'm not mistaken.

In short, this is the list of goals we need to achieve:
○ Finish tutorial
○ Complete all quests that return resources (hereafter rss)-- including your drills!--
○ Expand tiles so you have about 35 lvl 3 tiles
○ Capture one or two lvl 4 tiles at most (strictly stone)
○ Get our warehouse to 15
○ Get an average hourly income of about 2000 wood/3000 iron/7000+ stone (food is relatively unimportant).  

Please note : Never have more than two functional armies in the early game.  Once you've achieved all of these things, you should be able to get rolling, and I'll explain why a little later.  You can skip the question section just below if you don't need to understand why we're doing what we're doing, but just want to get it done.

Why only do quests for rss, and not fame, gems, etc?
Because none of those things will help you achieve our goal more than raw rss.  We get enough gems to speed up building (warehouses later on tend to take forever but don't require huge rss so it is possible to skip through a few upgrades quickly).  Your fame will grow naturally at the perfect pace with the quests that you're already doing.

Why capture 35~ lvl 3 tiles and then stop at one or two lvl 4 tiles?
So whether you know this from experience, or not, there's a great big disparity in rss income between lv 4 tiles and lv 5 tiles.  About 800 in general, which is in itself almost double what a lv 4 tile provides in the first place (around 450/h).  Capturing lv 3 tiles (240/h) requires around 1500 or more soldiers, where losses become minimal depending on your gairo composition around 1800 or more.  Capturing lv 4 tiles requires double that, or around 3500.  Losses don't become minimal until around 4.5k, and even then, generally are double or triple the losses you incur on lv 3 tiles.  The problem is, losses translates into time spent conscripting, and spending rss that should otherwise be used for building up to that Gov 7.  We do want, however, at least 1 lv 4 tile so we can harvest it (please note that 3 adjacent lv 3 tiles are equivalent to an isolated lv 4 tile in terms of harvesting).  Ideally it should be adjacent to other stone tiles, and if you're lucky enough to have two lv 4 stone tiles side by side, well there you go.

Warehouse lv 15? Rss income ratio?  Harvesting stone?
Your warehouse needs to be 15 before it has the capacity to store the required rss to upgrade you gov 6 into a gov 7 (you need 277.5k, at 15, your warehouse capacity is 285k).
  The income ratio I mentioned above of 2000/3000/7000/(0) for wood/iron/stone/wheat is primarily based around the actual costs for upgrading your government building.  There's a slightly greater demand for iron because we'll be dealing with cavalry units almost exclusively, and trust me you'll have a ridiculous abundance of food early on so you don't need any income on that front.  Unfortunately, even with that ratio, you'll still need to harvest (use your orders exclusively for this) rss to even out your stockpiles or top up before a big upgrade.  You'll most likely only need to harvest stone after you've reached gov 6.  You may also need to use some of your spare gems to get extra orders in order to harvest additional rss; remember we're trying to be as smooth and quick as possible, and delays tend to add up quickly.

Our goal is a government 7 building because it unlocks the barracks.  Each level of the barracks enlarges your Gairo's individual military capacity by 200.  So for a group of 3, that's a net gain of 600 per level.  By then you should already be sitting at around 4400 on your main group.  With a level 5 barracks, that brings your group to 7.4k (and your secondary to about 3k-4k).  
    You can try your hand at a 5 at around 6k if you want, assuming you have a 2.5k backup, except you should expect massive losses.  Patience is key here, and we don't want to slow down too much once we start taking these tiles -- because if you end up having to rebuild 3k soldiers per each tile, it'll take you a week when waiting that extra 12 hours will save you something like 4-5 days in terms of ramping up.  
    I was able to, on server 3, begin taking level 5 tiles with around 1k losses with a main of 7.4k and a secondary at 3k.  My initial attacks would drop the 9k-10k enemy group to about 2k, and my secondary would clean that up with minimal losses.  Within a day of that first tile, all of my rss incomes were above 6k/h.  Please note that enemy compositions can greatly affect the outcome of battles and sometimes bigger losses are inevitable.  If you're also unfortunate enough to not have many 5s near you, or an early fort you can capture which is near 5s, these factors will slow down your progress.  Get to know the land around you and plan out which tiles you want to capture to minimize wasting too much stamina on movement between forts.  You should also utilize your second army to clear up to way to certain tiles instead of your main in order to perserve stamina.

Early Gairo composition:
     Unfortunately, unless you get lucky like my alliance mate and draw Theia by luck from the Gairo deck, you won't get her until day 4 and won't be able to use her in your main until you finish Gov 7.  You should start out with Helios and Iapetus, then you'll get Hecate and Epimetheus, and finally Prometheus on 2 day of the log-in rewards.  All 5 of these cards are Cavalry units, which means they consume a lot of Iron when conscripting.  Until you start going for lvl 3 tiles, it honestly doesn't matter which Gairo you use, but you should prioritize Prometheus (your only 5* early on, and a great vanguard gairo), Helios (pairs well with Prometheus once you complete the light Titan group of Theia/Helios/Prometheus), and Hecate (despite having the choice of Iapetus, she's your only 3 range card capable of being in the rear, and she also has a healing ability which will help you mitigate losses).  So by the time you finish your first upgrade on the front barracks, this should be your new main squad: Hecate/Helios/Prometheus.  Leveling this group will also help you clear out the drills because helios/prometheus can basically sweep all of them super easily.  You'll want to upgrade their abilities a bit too to help along with this (strictly their main abilities, and do not touch Hecate's skill).
    A good secondary group that given to you through quest rewards, is Oceanus, Coeaus, and Iapetus.  Although this team is lackluster compared to your first unit, and much slower, it has that group bonus of 26 attack.  Since Oceanus kind of has bland stats, it doesn't hurt to drop some early points into his speed stat to speed this group up (you can always restat him after level 15 for free if need be).

Early skills to dismantle:
   So for the most part, I'm strictly talking about 3* Gairo skills here.  Some of the early gems include: Harvest, Recruitment, Rescue (your trifecta of healing abilities), Startle, Blazing Flames, Praise, Mania and maybe Contrition.  Obviously skills are more complicated than just what I'm mentioning but these are good basic starting points: healing, long-range spirit attacks, and stat steroids.  
   An absolute must in my mind, which you can get from Bragi or Oceanus, is Cure.  It's a 75% self-heal, with 100% activation rate.  It's just too good to pass up for early front lines (like Prometheus), and will save you tons of rss in the long run.

Final thoughts and thank yous:
I'd love to hear any questions regarding the content of this guide, as well as any feedback you guys may have about it.  Not all of these ideas are exclusively mine, in fact I gleaned a lot from other players and pieced these things together.  One definite shout out would be to Zenigma (from server 2).  With that being said, these are also just my ideas as a player and should not be taken as either endorsed by the developers or as the only possible approach to playing this game.  I'll review, edit, and embellish the guide as I find time and ideally catalogue those changes below.  Thank you for reading.

12.01.16 : Changed format for Goals list.
18.01.17 : Added certain images (I apologize for the uncomfortable formatting, the interface isn't helpful and idk how to just code through it).
Ooidal on Serv 2 (261500002) BFD
GáeBulg on Serv 3 (261500003) SoA

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
The Sofa
 Author| Post time 2017-1-10 02:31:18 | Show the author posts only
I'm just going to reserve this second post in case I need it in the future!
Ooidal on Serv 2 (261500002) BFD
GáeBulg on Serv 3 (261500003) SoA
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
The Bench
Post time 2017-1-10 07:27:43 | Show the author posts only
Quite useful for the newbies:)
Waiting for more guides~

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Game moderators

Credits

Game player moderators

The Floor
Post time 2017-4-30 08:27:20 | Show the author posts only
nice guide for new players... and it will no doubt help refresh some players moving into season 2 as well
Nickname: Titan
Server: (Commenced: season 1, server 6)
Current Season: 3
Alliance: The Iron Throne

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
5#
Post time 2017-5-15 08:49:25 | Show the author posts only
Great guide! I will be sharing to everyone in the new servers.
IGN: Beaux
Servers: 5, 7, 8, 11, 16
Alliance(s):

S8 - Avalon (Chief)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
6#
Post time 2017-5-18 00:03:10 | Show the author posts only
Very helpful when starting a new server. Thank you!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules