[illustration] [strategy] Beginner chief guide

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Lv.4 Intermediate Member

Credits
Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2017-9-18 08:41:42 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Hello guys this is Morpheus of global 3.
You know the feeling when you just want to have an alliance but you get occupied way too fast?
This guide will show you some things that will slow down opposing alliances in taking your city and organising your alliance effectively.

The first thing you have to keep in mind as chief: when you fall, your whole alliance gets occupied. We rather not have that happen right? Right. But before we talk defense we must talk about alliances.

1) Allies and growing
1.1)Allies
They are the surest way in the start of your budding alliance to have a sense of security. The step most people take is:  rush to ally with the number 1 alliance in your region.  This is a mistake you should avoid. The top alliance mostly does not want to ally and if you ask, they could see it as a sign of weakness. The other alliances in the server are probably open for discussions. Set terms and hold promises that is the surest way to start off great.

1.2) Growing
Having solid allies is good and well but you should always know they can turn their back on you ( it is a wargame comeone). So look at your own growth at the same time.
As chief it is often a good idea to appoint an officer to be busy with recruitment. Do not only spam your region chat for people to join your alliance, the other ones will do the same. The best way is just private messaging people who are independent and in your neighboorhood or in a strategic position (next to a lvl 3 city or another chiefs base). Board coverage is one of the core aspects of the game and if you play it well and grow steadily people will join you.

Another aspect of growing is to not kick people to soon if they do not join raids or wars. They have other ways to contribute like offering resources. Private message them first, the banhammer should not be used carelessly.

2) Solid rules and out of game communication.

2.1) Rules
Not every alliance has the same rules. My problem as a beginning chief was to not have a clear view of what every ranked officer may or may not do.
This is very important to keep in mind for yourself and your alliance. Do you want to give absolute power to your deputy and commander? Does every officer get his own job? Or does the chief decide everything and ranked officers are just a reward for activeness. These are all things you have to keep in mind. Personally I like to give every one of my officers a different job to do.  You should also, always have 1 or 2 diplomats online to deal with alliance or war related concerns. These diplomats should be displayed on your main alliance page so other alliances or members who like to join can contact them with questions or negotiations.
The main rule is do NOT let fights start in the chats. A nice atmosphere is the beginning of every alliance, a bad one is its downfall.

2.2) Out of game communication
There are heaps of applications on your cellphone and computer to have out of game contact with eachother. Believe me you will need it.
Not everyone will be online at the same time and most have a life outside of the game. Have an application to contact everyone so they know when to log on when troubles would arise.
Another positive aspect of this is the ability to share gairo combinations or help building some for your members . Or brag with your new gairos, cause that is what the game is about right? ;p
Examples of applications I use are: Line, Discord (if anyone has extra I will add them)

3) Organization
As chief you want your alliance to have a clear view of what is going on and when to be present. The alliance page has all kinds of things to help with this exact issue.

3.1) Calendar
In your alliance page there is a Calendar which you can edit. Here you should add every major move your alliance will make.  This could be get a specific goal, capture a city, build forts or attack an alliance. Always include the time of the event in server time. We all live in different time zones. It can get really confusing otherwise.

3.2) Alliance markers
Every Commander and above has the ability to place 2 alliance markers. These can be put by just clicking on your target and choose alliance mark. Add the time, date and a small message so people can jump to that place to setup faster. For regular members these markers can be found next to your map.

3.3) Group mails
These can be accessed by clicking on your mail and click on group mail. You can contact your whole alliance by clicking  on contacts and then [ all alliance members] for specific channels there is also a channel button. Use these as much as you can.

4) Defending and stalling.

Sometimes you will get attacked by another alliance. You can slow them down considerably in a few ways.

4.1) Fort defend
Once people can make fortresses you should ask them to fort up close to your main base to have coverage when you need it. If your alliance is far off and an opposing one attacks you have only yourself to defend and that could end badly. So prevent these as fast as possible. In later stages of the game always make sure to have forts defending every gate to your region. Believe me you need them.

4.2) Truce walls
When you need to wait for your allies or members to get ready to defend a good way to force the opposing alliance back is a truce wall. When you attack a field and you take it over the field is in truce for 1 hour and noeone can take it. If you time it well you can make the enemy hit your truce fields. Making them return and lose stamina in the process. You lose nothing and the enemy loses time. Time drops and attacks well.

4.3) Shield
Under your interior tab there is an option for a shield. This option will make your base invulnerable to attacks.
This is a really handy feature with alot of drawbacks namely:
- 3 hour charge time
- you cannot initiate any attacks or move any of your troops when you are shielding.
So basically you just barricade yourself in
The shield stands for 5 hours and there is a 3 hour cooldown.

4.4) Moving base
This is an expensive but very effective method of getting out of a rough situation.
If you have a sub city built you can use the move city feature to move your base to your sub for 500 gems forcing them to  find you again and needing to set up again.
This time is very valuable.

4.5) Abdicating
No chief likes to do this but if they know where you are and you have nowhere else to run sometimes this is the only way.
An abdication is to give your chief function to one of your members. This takes 12 hours so if you time it with a shield you can save your alliance (this saved me)

5) Merging
This is a core aspect of the game and something not many chiefs like to think about.
There comes a time where you will face enemies you cannot handle alone and allies can only do so much.
A merge is a way to get stronger fast.   A merge is simple everyone leaves the alliance of one waits for 24 hours being independent and joins the new alliance. Mostly ranked officers will have a function in the new alliance too.

6) possible future things and end notes
This area is reserved if you guys have any more things you want to add to this guide.

I would also like to thank my own alliance members you guys rock!  

I hope this guide was helpful to some of you guys.
Pictures will be added on a later date!
Feedback is always welcome as this is my first guide.

Pulvis et umbra summus

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
The Sofa
Post time 2017-9-25 02:05:48 | Show the author posts only
great work

Comments

Lukhu

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Ban speech

Credits
The Bench
Post time 2017-11-10 00:18:12 | Show the author posts only
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.
Signature is banned
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile Edition|Dark Room

Copyright 2014-2018 16163 , All Rights Reserved

!leihuo_copyright! ©1997-2018 |!jiazhang! >

!report_phone!: 12318 !report_mail!: wlwh@vip.sina.com