[event] PvP Experience

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2017-2-9 04:48:55 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
My suggestion to the developers is the addition of player vs player experience points. . We know we can earn experience througn attacking lands or exploring, as well as through exp books and training. These options are readily available during times of peace and prosperity. However, when alliances go to war and all of your troops, stamina and resources are used to fight said wars, this virtually stops any meaningful experience gains.
This scenario, in my opinion, is a flaw in the game for numerous reasons.
Firstly, it basically makes you choose between leveling up your Gairos or fighting to expand your alliance. It causes more emphasis to be put on land grabbing and passive training then it does on actual battles. This greatly reduces the incentive to take a risk on attacking a neighboring alliance or region. Any serious player will soon realize it is a waste of time to go for PvP battles until their gairos are fully leveled, sub cities with infrastructure are set, and resources are on point. This dramatically slows down the pace of the server and the regions.
I've seen another post suggesting honor as a currency, but the draw backs of that have been commented as well. Why shouldn't PvP battles give experience? If I'm in a war zone and I crush someone's army I don't get anything to show for it except a meaningless stat. My troops don't improve. In fact i just end up losing a ton of resources because I'll end up having to pull them out and conscript. However if I go to attack a player and am getting experience from it, then incentives greatly increase.
PvP Experience is good for the game. It will speed up expansion and game play. It will give incentive to attack things other than just land. It will make the game more fun and exciting. You can actually go to war and not forsake growing your strength. PvP Experience for the win.

Uni
Server 4

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits

Game player moderators

Recommend
Post time 2017-2-10 15:22:09 | Show the author posts only
Agree on the alliance size cap, although in order to defeat Delphi you need a massive alliance.  We do need more population on the servers I think.  I also agree that honor should be used as currency.  You barely get any for bashing noobs, but you get a lot for fighting good sized players, and so far it's not useful for anything other than ego.  
WeAreButMen
Server 2  Asgardians
ID: 172490002
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
The Sofa
 Author| Post time 2017-2-9 16:26:59 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
Any one have thoughts or opinions on this ?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
The Bench
Post time 2017-2-9 16:45:51 | Show the author posts only
Its like the spending honor idea, I'm hesitant to say people who are actively working towards winning the game should be further rewarded over the people they are stepping on.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Game moderators

Credits

Game player moderators

The Floor
Post time 2017-2-9 16:57:11 | Show the author posts only
You make some valid points here Uni, but the only thing I agree with is your main topic and that is gaining experience from PvP. It would be nice since you are still entering combat just like an NPC land. Everything else you had stated though, I completely disagree on it all. This game is strategically designed to favor those who would rather grow than to fight. Under no circumstance would a real war reap any benifits until you have won, assuming you had won.
Skill Guide: https://forum.immortalconquest.com/thread-809-1-1.html

Player ID: 480850004
Nickname: God
Server: 4

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time 2017-2-9 18:15:17 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
Yeah I get what you mean God. But look at server 1 for instance... there is literally no war st all.  Just one big alliance taking down cities waiting for reset.. where is the real strategy in that? It super easy to say build a fort here and attack now. Maybe I'm missing the point of the game? Is it for everyone to hold hands and stroll into Delphi like the Brady bunch?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Game moderators

Credits

Game player moderators

6#
Post time 2017-2-9 18:50:14 | Show the author posts only
Uni replied at 2017-2-9 18:15
Yeah I get what you mean God. But look at server 1 for instance... there is literally no war st all. ...

Just wait until server merges happen where one servers biggest alliance is pitted against another servers biggest alliance. It would get interesting
Skill Guide: https://forum.immortalconquest.com/thread-809-1-1.html

Player ID: 480850004
Nickname: God
Server: 4

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
7#
 Author| Post time 2017-2-9 22:03:39 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
Can't wait

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
8#
Post time 2017-2-9 23:00:51 | Show the author posts only
I mean I'm on server 5 and its pretty chaotic atm. Already been in a war with another state, mergers made, and about to start more wars on two borders etc. Very fun :)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits

Game player moderators

9#
Post time 2017-2-10 02:20:52 | Show the author posts only
I honestly think the issue is alliance size right now. They can get SO big with hundreds of players, you can pretty much absorb any top player you run across. With a much lower cap to alliance size, like around 50. Everyone with ambition couldn't just combine under one flag.

A much better way to inspire conflict in the game.
ID: 403700003
Nickname: Collodi
Server: 3

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
10#
 Author| Post time 2017-2-10 04:46:05 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
Collodi replied at 2017-2-10 02:20
I honestly think the issue is alliance size right now. They can get SO big with hundreds of players, ...

Great idea

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules