[bugs] Server Transfer

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2017-10-2 10:40:56 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
I am requesting my game information from one server to be transferred to another server. My friends and brothers started playing after I was in Season 2, so they were not able to play with me. I would have to start from scratch after investing a lot of time, effort, and money in my most current gameplay. I would be willing to accept somewhat of a roll back and forfeit of rewards in order to for this to be fair and be able to play with them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
Recommend
 Author| Post time 2017-10-12 14:17:04 | Show the author posts only
Edited by Chubulas at 2017-10-12 14:25

Here are some options I have thought about (for the sake of providing examples I will use a season 2 player wanting to transfer to a season 1 server):

1) Straight Transfer, Pay x Gems, you can transfer from a same season server to another same season server. However if a season 2 server transfer goes to a season 1 server player forfeits their season 2 specific gairos and abilities. To me this is the most logical without hurting the player too much for time and gems spent on the game.

2) Same concept as 1), however instead of forfeiting their season 2 specific gairos and abilities they simply become "unavailable." In no shape or fashion can the player use other season 2 gairos or abilities until the next season comes about. This could be separated out in your gairo collection by simply having a category called "unavailable' where you can't do anything with them execpt look at them. This would be in response to dev's not liking option 1) because there it involves taking away gairos that players could have spent money on to obtain.

3) This option would be in response to, "Players who have played the game longer have an unfair advantage due to receiving more free draws and subsequent 100 gem draws." This option you could make the players forfeit their season 2 gairos  or make them "unavailable" however the key aspect that makes this more fair to other players would be either:  
a) issue a percentage of a player's gairos in terms of how much the season has progressed in the server in which they are transferring to. For example, if a season 2 player transfer to a season 1 server at the beginning issue 25% of their gairo collection previously attained from the start. As the season nears a quarter (seasons are normally played in 90 day cycles so a quarter would be 22.5 days) issue another 25% of their total gairo collection. By the third quarter of the season (so 67.5 days in) the transferred player would have received 100% of their previously attained gairo.
b) do a time rollback which would make the player forfeit more than just their season 2 gairos. This would entail a player to lose several more gairo they received from normal draws, card tile packs, and/or any specially awarded gairo. I wouldn't make a player lose past 15-25% of their gairo collection. Only problem with this is that there is no way of telling what gairos were bought with money or were obtained from naturally playing the game.

4) Reward a player with gems for the gairos and skills they have obtained and leave it to chance on the new server to get everything back. A gem cost could be assigned to a gairo or ability (a lot of gold skills take legends to obtain so I would definitely include this) and for everything the player has he or she would receive a massive amount of gems and basically go onto the new server to then buy their gairo back.
It should also be worth noting as well the conqueror packs should either be forfeited or given unhindered based on whether or not season 2 gairo (or higher specific season gairos) are relinquished when a server transfer takes place.

All of these options I would take over nothing. I have tried submitting tickets and the tech that responds basically has said they would rather me quit than allow for me to server transfer. They had mentioned before if they let me do it they would have to let the option be available for everyone. To me I do not see a reason why this shouldn't be allowed. For someone in a similar position like myself I would have to lose two season rewards (we got full rewards), hours upon hours of gameplay, and money spent to get where I am now in my current server. I find it appalling the only option right now is to start over from scratch, to throw away all that. As much as I want to start over, there is so much that into my current account I would be a fool to waste it completely. Hence why I am arguing for something like this.  

If an option for server transfers (not server switching) were able I do not see anything wrong with it. It would enable players to get a fresh start on a new server, keep all their time and money depending upon if any repercussions were implemented, and for someone like myself it would enable a more seasoned player to play with a friend or family member that just started playing without having to start a new name over. Perhaps a possible drawback is enabling seasoned players to potentially influence a server of beginners in a negative way, given how much more experience they have and the possible impact they could have on the server, however server switching carries the same consequence and that is currently allowed.

If players and dev's are concerned by there being an unfair advantage then implement limitations and let the players decide if that is worth taking or not. Not having an option to any degree other than simply starting over fresh is where my problem with this lies..
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
The Bench
Post time 2017-10-30 19:48:16 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
I feel like this is beyond a great idea. At the moment we are so restricted when we have fallout later in the seasons, or we lose people that were a big part of our experience. Even if its only moving a certain amount of Gairo over and putting the rest in a “bank” of sorts to unlock at a later time, it will throttle the incoming transfers so they can’t obliterate other players during the season by having far more gairo (as well as season restricted gairo). The same could be done with abilities, by allowing the server transfer player to pick some of their abilities that they can move over the same way they move over Gairo. People are paying large amounts of money already to build their decks, if they want to move somewhere else with some of their Gairo on another server then let them do it by paying Gems/money.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
The Floor
Post time 2017-10-30 19:51:28 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
And saying that this “isn’t possible” is definitely not an acceptable response. We need to hear reasons why we couldn’t. Plenty of resources available as there are many games that have season specific rewards and limitations that make it happen. If the developers really wanted to do this, they most certainly could.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.4 Intermediate Member

Credits
5#
Post time 2017-10-30 20:12:49 | Show the author posts only
I see the pros and cons to this idea. There are moments in every ic'ers conquest where we are sick off the server due to problems and just want to start over with a few close friends. But we cannot due to the countless time effort and money put into it. And those amazing gairos we have assembled.
But if it is allowed alot of server switching would ensue and new servers would get swarmed  and older servers would be left fast at even the faintest hint of  trouble.  I think they do not want to implement it to keep people in the servers. Keep it engaging.
Pulvis et umbra summus

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time 2017-11-3 12:14:03 | Show the author posts only
Edited by Chubulas at 2017-11-3 12:20

*But if it is allowed alot of server switching would ensue and new servers would get swarmed  and older servers would be left fast at even the faintest hint of  trouble. *

Depending on the consequences it would tone this down. Relinquishing numerous gairos in order for this happen or turning all your gairo into gems I imagine would make a player think twice before jumping to the conclusion their only way out is to abandon ship so to say. This game, like many other apps these days, require luck for good rewards whether or not you spent money on this game. Getting those gairo back that were relinquished or turned into gems (just two of the examples btw i listed above of consequences) is based soley on luck. You would go into the server transfer (assuming there are consequences like i purposed) knowing it may be a very long time before you see those gairo back.

But on another note, part of this is due to the only way to start in this game is to start on a season 1 server. Starting over completely on a season 2 or higher server is going to be extremely hard considering the added difficulty (tile strength increases, etc). I am also a proponent of implementing a system where a if a new player starts on a season 2 or higher server there is some bonus pack they get (much like a conqueror's pack) that would help close the gap to the players that have been on the server for some time. Right now the development squad is more focused on rolling out new servers then they are infusing the old player base with new players. Since there is no pathway to starting fresh on a season 2 server (other than spending an obscene amount of money considering you need abilities, good legends, and legend to advance) this forces new players to start on a fresh server. The problem we are going to run into is when the highly advanced servers run out of servers to merge with they are going to have to wait for other servers to catch up. Players would inevitably quit in this time period. The point is, the focus needs to be on the old playerbase and finding a way for new players to compete without giving new players an unfair advantage in comparison to the players that have been on that server longer and spent more money.

To bring this into perspective to what we are talking about, old servers are going to die anyways due to new players have no way to join the higher season servers. I would imagine the whole reason why we have server merges in the first place is because IC assumes so many will quit before the next season starts so to compensate it merges with another server. If the answer to keep the old playerbase active is reliant on server merges there will eventually be just 1 server that slowly dwindles away as they wait for other servers to catch up. Generally speaking though I do not like the argument of numerous players leaving the current server they are on in opposition to server transfers. This is because if server transfers do happen the population is simply moving to another server and one day will join back up in the process of server merging. Frustrated players, who do not want to spend additional time and money (especially money), will just quit if they do not like where their position in the server is or as a whole the server and the direction it is taking. Allowing players to transfer keeps the player base alive versus quitting for those that don't feel like spending more money on a game they have already spent money on.

On a final note, if we are concerned about too many people leaving we can just go back to what I mentioned lastly in my second post which was limitations. I am sure IC can come up with an algorithm that determines if X amount of people leave the server will die so as a result before it gets to that point simply restrict or stop transfers completely. They could just site, "Due to the number of players that have already transferred this option is currently unavailable,'" and call it a day. This would essentially keep the server from dying while allowing at least some to still transfer. By a server dying I mean, if X amount people leave the players that do stay will go inactive due to there not being enough activity.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
7#
Post time 2017-11-6 23:41:36 | Show the author posts only
Morpheus replied at 2017-10-30 20:12
I see the pros and cons to this idea. There are moments in every ic'ers conquest where we are sick o ...

Not really I see the con, as you can always throttle server transfers with limitations. Make it so people can't server transfer unless its at the start of the season. First come, first serve. Limit gairo. Limit skills. The list goes on.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile Edition|Dark Room

Copyright 2014-2019 16163 , All Rights Reserved

!leihuo_copyright! ©1997-2019 |!jiazhang! >

!report_phone!: 12318 !report_mail!: wlwh@vip.sina.com