Immortal conquest

Forgot password?
 Register immediately
Download two-dimensional code

View: 20290|Reply: 4
Print Prev. thread Next thread

[chat] Do you think there should be more rewards for PvP?

Close [Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Game moderators

Credits

Game player moderators

Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2017-3-22 05:16:05 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Comment Time: 2017-4-25 05:20

Referee opinion: Agree with points about honor system not offering any rewards... thus causing many players to avoid PvP as it offers little incentive for (individual) players.

Best Debater: Thoroughly

Edited by Titan at 2017-3-22 05:19

There is divided opinion about PvP in Immortal Conquest. Are players receiving enough rewards for battling enemies? Are alliance battles worth it? Or do they just make the other alliances that are not involved stronger. Should players who do most of the work defending an alliance pass with all their top armies receive bonus rewards? (e.g. top 10 highest 'honor' players each week get a reward).

End Time: 2017-4-25 05:20 Umpire point of view: Titan

Square point of view (6)

Yes, especially for alliance battles. Honor has no benefit and is reset weekly. Why should I help defend an area and lose many armies when I do not receive a reward.

Negative votes (3)

No, battling for territory is enough of a reward. We can also occupy other players and gain access to tiles. This is enough reward.

Debater:1 ( Join )

Debater:0 ( Join )
    Nickname: Titan
    Server: (Commenced: season 1, server 6)
    Current Season: 3
    Alliance: The Iron Throne

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
    The Sofa
    Post time 2017-3-22 10:11:22 | Show the author posts only
    While I voted negative in the current state explained above it is due to the way the seasons are "supposedly" setup.  Season 1 is all about people learning the game, gaining gairo, learning skills for season 2.  If you add this PvP element into season 1 you will get so much abuse for rewards and allow the spenders to obliterate the non-spenders.  

Season 2 goes a step further to build upon season 1 by making leveling gairo harder, tiles are harder etc. so now people have to put thought into their gairo team builds and skill builds.  This season is all about honing your teams and will have much more PvP than season 1.

Season 3 (conqueror seasons if translated correctly from chinese forums) will focus more on the PvP aspect and I'm assuming awards for different PvP events.

The problem is how short sighted people see this game when in fact this game is a much longer game than most people realize.  There are many other features that have not even been released to the servers because of how new each server is.  As there are resets to new seasons new features will be added.

So while yes I love PvP.  I play these games purely for competitive reasons.  I realize throwing all this in season 1 will just create a pay to win atmosphere and many people will abuse with alts the system you put into place.  

For someone to abuse season 2 or season 3 PvP and honor rewards etc they would have had to make and maintain alts on each of the previous seasons and get merged in.  This is more difficult and time consuming for anyone to want to do when you can just focus on your main account.

Obviously just my 2 cents and I may even be describing how the future seasons will go but I feel my 2 cents is on the right track. ;-)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
    The Bench
    Post time 2017-3-22 10:57:04 | Show the author posts only
    My opinion is undecided at this point.  I'm undecided on the concepts of occupying and large alliance caps, which essentially limits the use for PVP.  I need to see what happens in future season before coming to a conclusion.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
    The Floor
    Post time 2017-3-27 01:59:30 | Show the author posts only
    There is no PVP aspect to this game at all.  So far, it seems like you join an alliance, get absorbed to larger alliance, and repeat until there is one alliance to take out Delphi.  Honor Points are not accumulative like Contributions so it's not like people remember that you'll help them take someone out that's bothering them. Well, they can't be redeemed so I don't know why they should be counted. At the rate servers are released, if you do get attacked you can give up and join another server if you don't want to join their alliance.

People enjoy games for fun and rewards. I can either move my troops around to be fatigued from attacking someone and small amount of resources from PVP (player versus player) or fighting alongside your alliance to get hourly resources from PVE (player verses environment).... hmm decisions decisions.... I am not saying it's a bad game or I do not enjoy it, it's just that it's a very PVE centered around owning all the cities for resources.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
    5#
    Post time 2017-4-7 14:15:49 | Show the author posts only
    nickeyblaze replied at 2017-3-22 10:11
    While I voted negative in the current state explained above it is due to the way the seasons are "su ...

This is understandable, and for power players and strategists like you and I, we see this immediately. Most people getting into the game are looking to engage in some immediate action though. Like what Jayveon alluded to below, there seems to be no real incentive to attack your neighbor over allying with him/her. That could be solved with high value rewards like increased RSS returns for occupying a neighbor, coins, or both.
    Honor also seems to be nearly meaningless, even though it has extremely high potential. Imagine if you could exchange honor for additional chances at Gairo cards. This would motivate people engage in combat and really extend playability so servers don't experience sudden death once it becomes apparent one alliance has become the strongest. Doing this would give smaller alliances and players a reason to continue working on their individual progression.

This is a MMO strategy war game after all, so it seems counterintuitive from the developer-perspective to introduce the game this way, but delay meaningful PvP by 2-4 months. Being an IT professional and business owner myself, that just seems like easy revenue lost by poor UX. Some of the most fun I had in the game was the huge fight for Asgard and issuing the challenge to Exodus members to oust me from Dido.

Just my two pence.
    Irish Ghosts.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules